Linux Audio: A Guide For Beginner and Beyond
| A Wikibookian suggests that this book or chapter be merged into Configuring Sound on Linux.
Please discuss whether or not this merge should happen on the discussion page.
For the BeginnerEdit
- Get a basic sound-enabled system up and running
- First Things First
- Choosing A Distribution
Linux Sound Systems and TerminologyEdit
- Basic block for sound support, "Safe ALSA" standard
- For the Pro-Audio-Minded User
- The JACK Audio Connection Kit
- Linux DAW - Digital Audio Workstation
- Using linux as an audio workstation for sound and music: system setup, software, hardware, MIDI and optimizing for low-latency.
- Video Synchronization
- Audio aspect related to video creation and editting: hardware differences, synchronization, format conversion, and media authoring.
- WEB Audio
- Making rich media content for web: web-based formats, tools, optimizations and streaming.
- Game Audio
- Playing games: system settings, peripheral devices, surround sound output and wine compatibility.
Audio Programming in LinuxEdit
- Linux Audio API
- How to develop sound-enabled software: introduction to libraries and techniques with examples.
- List of Dependencies and Compiling Tips
- Development prerequisites and requirements