LPI Linux Certification/Troubleshooting Network Issues< LPI Linux Certification
Candidates should be able to identify and correct common network setup issues, to include knowledge of locations for basic configuration files and commands.
- Key knowledge area(s):
- Location and content of access restriction files as /etc/hosts
- Utilities to configure and manipulate ethernet network interfaces
- Utilities to manage routing tables
- Utilities to list network states.
- Utilities to gain information about the network configuration
- Methods of information about the recognised and used hardware devices
- System initialisation files and their contents (SysV init process)
- The following is a partial list of the used files, terms and utilities:
- /etc/network || /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
- System log files such as /var/log/syslog &&/var/log/messages
- /etc/hosts.allow && /etc/hosts.deny
- /etc/hostname || /etc/HOSTNAME