This is a glossary of the book.
- A means of attaching metadata to methods and classes directly in the source code.
- byte code
- Code interpreted by the Java virtual machine; the target code of Java compilation.
- A means of passing a data type as an argument of another type, such as Vector<JButton>;
- primitive type
- One of the types that do not require allocation on stack, such as int, byte, or long.
- A way of treating classes and methods as objects on their own, to be referred to during runtime, for instance by quering[check spelling] a particular class about its methods and their parameters.