International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Curacao< International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog
- The first Curacao meters came into use in 1938. Curacao was a colony of the Netherlands until 1954 when it joined with other Dutch territories in the Caribbean to form the Netherlands Antilles. See NETHERLANDS ANTILLES for issues between 1954 and 2010.
- On 10 October 2010 (10.10.10) the Netherlands Antilles dissolved with the various islands going in different political directions. Curacao and St. Maarten formed a unit that, although still attached to The Netherlands, has greater self government. Since the change stamps have appeared inscribed CURACAO alone, NIEUWE POST, and C-POST. Stamps inscribed St. Maarten alone have not been reported.
- The stamps are grouped according to period and usage:
- A – Colonial era stamps from machines in private, commercial use
- B - Semi-independent era stamps from machines in private, commercial use
- PO – Stamps from machines in Post Offices
Group A: Colonial era stamp generated by machines in private, commercial useEdit
- Inscribed “CURACAO” at top and “CENT” at bottom.
- M# outside frank at bottom.
- With S# high between TM and frank.
- M#s 1, 2 and 3 only.
- TM: rectangle without border at top above town name and with brickwork pattern at sides
- V/F: 00(½)
Group B: Semi-independent era stamps generated by machines in private, commercial useEdit
B1.1. Pitney Bowes, model unidentified (digital)
- Frank with simple frame lines at top and bottom with hash marks at right.
- "POSTAGE PAID" at top, meter number with "PB 01" prefix at bottom.
- Square town mark with country name at bottom.
- Two columns of numbers at left of the TM.
- V/F: 000.00
B1.2. Pitney Bowes, model unidentified (digital)
- Very similar to Type B1.1.
- "POSTAGE PAID" is right justified rather than centered.
- The meter number is more compact, and "CURACAO" and the date figures are larger.
- M# with "PB 00" prefix.
- V/F: 000.00
B2. Neopost (digital).
- Open design without outer frame lines.
- "Nieuwepost logo at top right.
- Horizontal 2D barcode at lower left.
- M# with "NP" prefix at bottom center.
- V/F: Naf 0000.00
Group PO: Stamps generated by machines in post officesEdit
PO1. Siemens (digital), post 2010.
- Small self-adhesive label with light gray underprint pattern and rounded corners.
- Frank with simple outer frame line, without inner frame lines.
- Inscribed "Nieuwe post" at top.
- Rest of text as follows:
- * date...identification number
- * destination
- * mail class
- * weight
- * postage
- a. With bar under "Nieuwe post" appearing to cross out country name "Nederlandes Antillen".
NOTE: This stamp was previously cataloged as Netherlands Antilles Type PO3A.
PO2. Siemens (digital), 2014.