Welcome to the ICT tutors support websiteEdit
This website is for newly appointed tutors to initial teacher training
The purpose of this website is to provide you with information, guidance, support and advice to help you make the transition from teaching school pupils to training prospective teachers of ICT.
The resources on this website are organised as follows:
- Sources of support - information on induction and research support offered by ITTE, the Teacher Training Resource Bank, other associations offering support and on keeping up to date
- Tutor Issues - information and ideas to help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to train inexperienced teachers
- Teaching and Learning - information and resources you can use with trainees on teaching ICT
- Assessment - information and resources to help you assess trainees and teach them how to assess their students
- Research - guidance on how to become an accomplished researcher, plus information on research relevant to your new role
- Resources - useful links and information on materials you might need as a teacher trainer
- Glossary - abbreviations and acronyms associated with ICT and ITT
This site was developed as part of a project (funded by the Training and Development Agency for Schools (TDA) 2004 to 2009) to improve the quality of initial teacher training in ICT, with a particular focus on supporting new ICT tutors in the UK.
Please help us to meet your needs by telling us what you think of it so far and giving us your suggestions for improvements or additions. Also, if you have queries that are not answered here, contact us and we will do our best to resolve them.
Please contact us with your comments, suggestions or questions using the feedback form.