IB Biology Practical Investigations/The Chemistry of Life/Virtual Elodea Lab 1< IB Biology Practical Investigations | The Chemistry of Life
VIRTUAL ELODEA LABEdit
Suitable for a single-session, exam-condition assessment.
Other similar programmes are available on the internet.
- Old guide: Pl(a), DC, DPP
- New guide:DCP
- 'Science Investigations 1' from Focus Educational Software (2002)
- Stack of lined paper and graph paper.
- Computers/ laptops for students.
INSTRUCTIONS TO STUDENTSEdit
1. Run a demonstration trial with median settings for each variable.
2. Complete the aim and hypothesis.
3. Collect the software from the teacher
4. Complete the data collection, processing and presentation sections.
5. Write a brief conclusion outlining the significance of the results.
6. Reference sources appropriately.
To achieve marks for 'MS', you might try the practical for real, though getting worthy data from Elodea can be time-consuming and random. The data used for the DPP section could be generated by the software.