History of Edmeston, New York/1940s

< History of Edmeston, New York


In 1941 the entire New Berlin branch of the New York Ontario & Western Railway (NYO&W) was sold to the Unadilla Valley Railway which ran the branch until 1960 when operations stopped. The New Berlin branch ran from Cooperstown Junction, (just north of Sidney) to New Berlin, and had been extended north to Edmeston in 1895, when the Wharton Valley Railroad agreed to lease the line to the NYO&W.