Handbook of Management Scales/Top management support< Handbook of Management Scales
Top management support (alpha = 0.92)Edit
The authors identify key constructs related to supply chain management. Based on a systematic instrument develop process, they develop a set of reliable, valid, and unidimensional measurement scales.
- Top management is supportive of our efforts to improve the purchasing department. (0.69)
- Top management considers purchasing to be a vital part of our corporate strategy. (0.80)
- Purchasing’s views are important to most top managers. (0.82)
- The chief purchasing officer has high visibility within top management. (0.81)
- Top management emphasizes the purchasing function’s strategic role. (0.87)
- Requests for increased resources are mostly satisfied by top management. (0.53)
Top management support (alpha = 0.8447)Edit
- Top managers repeatedly tell employees that this business unit's survival depends in its adapting to supply chain management.
- Top managers repeatedly tell employees that building, maintaining, and enhancing long-term relationships with our supply chain members are critical to this business unit's success.
- Top managers repeatedly tell employees that sharing valuable strategic/tactical information with our supply chain members is critical to this business unit's success.
- Top managers repeatedly tell employees that sharing risk and reward is critical to this business unit's success.
- Top management offers various education opportunities about supply chain management.
- Min/Mentzer (2004): Developing and measuring supply chain management concepts. Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 63-99.