Google Services And Products/Printable version
| This is the print version of Google Services And Products
You won't see this message or any elements not part of the book's content when you print or preview this page.
Searching with Google edit
The most commonly used Google service or product is the search engine. To use simply do the following go to www.google.com or a local version of Google e.g. www.google.co.uk,type in a search query eg.wikibooks, press enter or click Google Search and wait for your search results page to load.
Search Results edit
After your search results page has loaded you will notice several things. The most important of these is the search results, listed down the page. For each result it shows the URL or Uniform Resource Locator, a snippet of the text of the page with your search terms in bold, a title for the web page
Search Operators edit
- OR Google finds one of two or more search terms e.g. Services OR Products
- "" Google Searches for the exact phrase eg. "Google Services and Products"
- - Searches for things matching other search terms without a certain word e.g. -wikibooks
- link: Shows links to a web page e.g. link:www.wikibooks.org
- related: Shows related pages e.g. related:www.wikibooks.org
- site: only searches within a given website eg.google site:en.wikibooks.org
- intitle: searches within titles of web pages e.g. intitle:wikibooks
- allintitle: like intitle: but restricts results to web pages that have all of the search terms in their title e.g. allintitle:wikibooks
- inurl: searches within the urls of pages e.g. inurl:wikibooks
- allinurl: like inurl: but restricts results to web pages that have all of the search terms in their url e.g. allinurl:wikibooks
Authors and other contributers edit
Please add your name here if you have helped out with this Wikibook.