Free selection tool (also called 'Lasso') let's you create a selection by drawing it free-hand (with the pointer and holding down the left mouse button, of course). It is the only selection tool that has nothing more than the basic options. The selection is finished with a straight line and it is actually possible to create straight lines by clicking (not holding!) on one point and making another one somewhere away from it.
- Modes - determines the way of creating the selection, whether it'll be combined with existing one and such
- Antialiasing - causes the boundary of the selection to be drawn smoother
- Feather edge - causes the boundary of the selection to be blurred
Modes, Antialiasing and Feather EdgesEdit
- See Selection Tools#Modes for information about Modes
- See Selection Tools#Antialiasing for information Antialiasing
- See Selection Tools#Feather Edges for information about Feather Edges option