Fundamentals of Transportation/Sight Distance/Homework< Fundamentals of Transportation | Sight Distance
1. Name five principal characteristics of visual reception important in driving.
2. You are shown an accident scene with a vehicle and a tree on uphill grade of 3%. The vehicle was estimated to hit the tree at 120 km*h−1 . The average length of skid marks was 20 meters. You have found that a car traveling that section under similar weather conditions at 60 km*h−1 can stop in 60 m. What was its initial speed?
3. Draw a road's cross-section and label the elements.
4. How do the calculations of stopping sight distance and passing sight distance differ?
5. What is the recommended value used for perception reaction time according to AASHTO?
6. What is a standard lane width used in new highway designs (to nearest foot or centimeter)?