This book will be on earthquakes, a natural disaster that can kill and destroy. But with proper prediction, we can figure out where there is a lot of danger and how to prevent as many casualties as possible. If you are interested in volcanoes, but think that you should learn about seismology as well, then here is the place
Table of Contents edit
- Plate Tectonics
- Basics of Earthquakes
- Measuring and Predicting Earthquakes
- Seismology and the Seismograph
- The Seismologist
- Special Topics
- Some Earthquakes Around the World
- Volcanoes—Volcanoes and earthquakes are often seen together.
- The US Geological Society (USGS)—The USGS researches earthquakes and volcanoes, among other things.
- DK E-guide Earth—The DK E-guide to Earth is Internet-linked. Here is the section on earthquakes.
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (IRIS)—IRIS is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the acquisition, management, and distribution of seismological data.