Lesson 3.6: On-going Assessment
By the end of this lesson the EMT-Basic should be able to:
- Discuss the reasons for repeating the initial assessment as part of the on-going assessment.
- Describe the components of the on-going assessment.
- Describe trending of assessment components.
- Explain the value of performing an on-going assessment.
- Recognize and respect the feeling that patients might experience during assessment.
- Explain the value of trending assessment components to other health care professionals who assume care of the patient.
- Demonstrate the skills involved in performing the on-going assessment.