|Source books||Monster Manual II|
In the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game, the cave fisher is a type of fictional monster.
The cave fisher is a crab-like monster which inhabits the Underdark and ambushes prey. The cave fisher hides on ledges and hunts by emitting a long strand of sticky filament.
The cave fisher has appeared in the following publications:
- It first appeared in the first edition in the module A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity (1981).
- The original Monster Manual II (1983).
- It was further detailed in "The Ecology of the Cave Fisher" in Dragon #135 (July 1988).
- The second edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume One (1989),
- Reprinted in the Monstrous Manual (1993).
- The third edition in Dragon #355 (May 2007).
- The fourth edition in the Monster Manual 3 (2010).
- The Tome of Horrors (2002) from Necromancer Games.
- Cook, David. Slave Pits of the Undercity (TSR, 1981)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual II (TSR, 1983)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume One (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Green, Scott; Peterson, Clark (2002). Tome of Horrors. Necromancer Games. pp. 35-36. ISBN 1-58846-112-2.