Linux Installation InstructionsEdit
Installing from the binariesEdit
- Double-click on the debian package file disim_VERSION.deb
- Click on Install
- Enter your administrator password
- Open a terminal and type:
Installing from the sourceEdit
- Extract Disim in your favorite folder.
tar xvfj disim_VERSION.tar.bz2
- Make sure that gengetopt is installed on your system. To install gengetopt under Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install gengetopt
If you do not wish to install gengetopt, you can modify the Makefile.include file to specify that gengetopt is not present on your system.
- If you want to use the graphical interface, make sure OpenGL and FLTK 1.1 are installed (You can modify the Makefile.include file to specify that you do not wish to use the graphical interface). To install OpenGL under Ubutu:
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dev libglu1-mesa-dev freeglut3-dev
To install FLTK under Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install libfltk1.1-dev
If you do not wish to install FLTK, you can modify the Makefile.include file to specify that FLTK is not present on your system.
- If you want to use the LUA scripting capabilities, make sure Lua 5.1 is installed. To install Lua under Ubuntu:
sudo apt-get install liblua5.1-0-dev
If you do not wish to use LUA, you can specify so in the Makefile.include file.
- Open a terminal, navigate to the Disim folder and type make:
cd disim make
- You can now start disim with the command: