Disaster and WMD Defence Guide/Shelter Location< Disaster and WMD Defence Guide
You should primaly take shelter in a CP shelter. If you don't have this option, in case of nuclear leak take cover in an under ground cellar space or in case of a gas leak you should (depending on the gas) take cover in the top floor (don't go to the attic, because attics usually present a lot of "blocking" which will be handled later,
When it goes through material For example 35 cm (14inches) of concrete reduces the radiation levels to 1:50
|Concrete 35 cm||Concrete 45 cm|
|Brick 50 cm||Brick 60 cm|
|Solid earth 55 cm||Solid earth 70 cm|
When the distance to the radiating particles grows, half of the radiation is received when a person is within 8 meter radius of the source of radiation.
Preparing your shelterEdit
First you need to bring to your shelter or have it ready
- #Are optional
- = Is a Good to have thing
- ! Is a life and death matter
- #Adequet amount of clothes#
- #Toys to keep children occupied #
- !Well preserving food for 2–5 days!
- #Reading #
- !Radio, TV or a Computer! A radio is the best because it's got a simple broadcasting system which is easier to have back up and running after any type of situation. Stay on government channels to receive more accurate info.
- =Personal protection gear =
- =Important medication and Important documents=
- Eating utilities, Plates, forks etc.
- Matches Don't use unless you absolutely need to because they "eat" oxygen
- Auxiliary light source