Development Cooperation Handbook/Templates/The Scope Statement< Development Cooperation Handbook | Templates
Project Scope Template
Business Unit/Program Area:______________________
Who is proposing the project within the Organization:___________________
Who is giving the “green light” within the Organization to proceed further with the project planning:___________________
Who will eventually prepare the detailed project plan:_________________
Who will eventually approve the project plan (within the Organization):_________________
Who else (outside the Organization) need to approve the Project Plan:_________________
- Provide a general and detailed presentation and analysis of the problems and the opportunities and why the achievement of the project objectives will contribute to the solution of these problems.
- To what problem/need is this project addressing? (the general context)
- What are the problems to be resolved and the needs to be met? (The specific context)
- What is the proposed solution? (i.e. the specific objective of the project):
- Provide a detailed description of the beneficiaries and target groups (social category, age group, gender, etc.) and estimated number.
- Demonstrate the relevance of the choice of the target group(s) in view the role they will play in relation to the problem(s) addressed.
- What are the expected outcomes of the project? (including behavioural changes of the target groups)
- Demonstrate why and how the expected outcomes of the project are indicators of a contribution to the achievement of the specific objectives
- Demonstrate the relevance of the expected outcomes choice of the target group(s) in view the role they will play in relation to the problem(s) addressed.
- Are this project overall objectives consistent with the one or more specific objectives of the Organization's programmes and strategies?
- What will be the impact on the Organization?
- What will be the impact on the Organization's Partners?
- What will the project deliver to the project beneficiaries? (services, products)'
- Demonstrate the relevance of the choice of the deliverables to the need of the target group(s) in view the role they will play in relation to the problem(s) addressed'
- Demonstrate the relevance of the choice of the deliverables as these will lead to the e target group(s) in view the role they will play in relation to the problem(s) addressed'
- Who are the other stakeholders? How their interests will be affected by the project results, outcome and impact?
- Who are the actors involved (project team + partners + beneficiaries and other stakeholders expected to contribute to the actions) ?
- Are there implementing partner? What is the length of your relationship with them and how will they be involved in the project?
- How will the project achieve sustainability?
- Will it have multiplier effects?
Where the funds will come fromEdit
From within the Organization:
- From Other Sponsors:
- From the beneficiaries:
- From other expected incomes (specify):
On the : (date)