De-chroming chromebooks/Flashing Tutorials/Acer C710
Flashing_stock_firmware_to_a_coreboot_build|bridge and developer mode
- To remove C710 back cover:
- Undo 1 screw under warranty sticker. Motherboard Diagram
- Slide battery removal latch and hold.
- Remove battery.
- Release battery removal latch.
- Push back cover away from battery until free.
- To bridge hardware write-protect jumper: Write protect jumper
- Your write-protect jumper may be under a black plastic tab (not present on C710-842G32ii). You will need to remove this for the next step.
- Carefully fold a 12 inch piece of tin foil and wedge it between the 2 pins of the write-protect jumper, closing the circuit, making sure it is secure.
- Replace back cover, battery, connect AC power source and boot into ChromeOS.
- If you're not already in developer mode (You are if you see the OS verification warning at boot.):
- Hold Escape+Refresh(F3) and press the power button.
- Hit Ctrl+D at the Recovery screen. Confirm.
- Repeat Step 5 & remove tin foil inserted in Step 6.
- Replace back cover, battery and insert bootable USB stick created in Step 3 and power up the C710.