Data Management in Bioinformatics/Exercise 1< Data Management in Bioinformatics
Figures are here: http://pipe.cs.vt.edu/~pbutler/bi_and_db/ until I can upload them (takes 4 days to get confirmed for media upload).
Notes: 1) For each reservation, 1 <= # of drivers <= 10
- A book seller must have at least one store.
- A book store must be either web-based or brick, but not both.
- Maximum: n is the case where all n are one-to-one. Minimum: n-1 is the case where n-1 one-to-many
FD Trivial YES NO NO NO NO YES MD Trivial YES NO YES
- decomposes into , , The FDs , are not preserved.
and are decomposed losslessly because
and are decomposed losslessly because and translates into
- #6 redone
- There are several solutions to this:
LHS RHS (superset) (superset)