D'ni has adverbs, both original or derived from adjectives. Adverbs generally follow the verb they describe, except the temporal ones which precede the verb.
There are a few adverbs attested:
- þoe 'how?'
- megóré 'straight (out of)'
- ril 'not'
- blo 'about, approximately'
- gormot 'then'. Maybe gormot is a compound of gor ‘time’ and mot ‘that, which’.
- gormet 'now'. Not attested, but a hypothised compound of gor ‘time’ and met ‘this’.
- gaþ 'still'
- can 'always'
Derivation from adjectivesEdit
The adverbs can be derived by -sh suffixed to an adjective
- kera 'brave' > kera-š 'bravely'
- garo 'might' > garo-š 'mightily'