Cookbook:Sweet Potato Tortellini
Tortellini with Sweet Potato Sauce A potluck staple.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 16-oz package frozen tortellini
- 1 T butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 c milk
- Bake or microwave sweet potato in its skin until tender. Let cool.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain, and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small skillet. Add garlic and saute over low heat until golden (about 1 minute), and remove from heat.
- Peel sweet potato and mash well in a small mixing bowl. Add garlic and butter, plus enough milk to make a thick sauce. Season as desired with salt and pepper.
- Combine sauce with pasta in the pot. Heat just until sauce is heated through. Eat!
This recipe makes 4 to 6 servings. I usually double or triple this recipe for potlucks.
Spinach ravioli can be used as well.