|This recipe is incomplete. Please feel free to complete it and remove this template. Incomplete recipes with insufficient meaningful content may be nominated for deletion per the deletion policy.
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Nigerian coconut bread is a bread made with coconut milk and coconut flavour. Some Nigerians prefer coconut bread to normal bread.
- Mix the dry yeast with warm water in a bowl. Mix in the sugar, and let rest until it becomes foamy.
- Mix in the coconut milk, butter, egg, more sugar, salt, and milk powder.
- Gradually mix in flour until incorporated and forming a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10–12 minutes. The dough must be smooth. Put in a bowl and leave for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Press the dough down, divide into smaller pieces, and place them in a greased pan. Cover it and let rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven.
- Combine the coconut milk, powdered sugar, and a pinch of salt. Pour it over the top of the bread.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven until cooked through and golden.
- You can preserve or serve warm.