Configuring Sound on Linux/Pulse Audio/Pulse apps< Configuring Sound on Linux
A typical PulseAudio distribution comes with numerous different programs. Refer to the man pages for more information. All official PulseAudio applications are prefixed with pa.
- Plays wavs and select other audio files. This is not an mp3 player.
- Plays and records streams
- PulseAudio alternative to aplay
- Permits another device to access the sound device directly. Typically this is used for applications that can not plug into pulseaudio.
- Controls the running pulseaudio server/daemon.
- Creates a dsp and other devices for a transparent abstraction of a non-existant device.
- PulseAudio shell into pactl