C Programming/Mixing languages< C Programming
Add to C program :
#include <Cg/cg.h> /* To include the core Cg runtime API into your program */ #include <Cg/cgGL.h> /* to include the OpenGL-specific Cg runtime API */
- by bobobobo
Using the Java native interface (JNI), Java applications can call C libraries.
To mix Perl and C, we can use XS. XS is an interface description file format used to create an extension interface between Perl and C code (or a C library) which one wishes to use with Perl.
The basic procedure is very simple. We can create the necessary subdirectory structure by running "h2xs" application (e.g. "h2xs -A -n Modulename"). This will create - among others - a Makefile.PL, a .pm Perl module and a .xs XSUB file in the subdirectory tree. We can edit the .xs file by adding our code to that, let's say:
void hello() CODE: printf("Hello, world!\n");
and we can successfully use our new command at Perl side, after running a "perl Makefile.PL" and "make".
Here can be found some details about extending Python with modules written in C. You might read about Cython and Pyrex as well, that makes easier to create modules in C, translating a Python-like code into C.
||This section is a stub.
You can help Wikibooks by expanding it.
Using the Python ctypes module, one can write C code directly into Python.
For further readingEdit
- Lesson: 47 from NeHe Productions
- Cg Bumpmapping by Razvan Surdulescu at GameDev
- [http://www.fusionindustries.com/default.asp?page=cg-hlsl-faq | Cg & HLSL Shading Language FAQ by Fusion Industries]
- http://http.developer.nvidia.com/CgTutorial/cg_tutorial_appendix_b.html NVidia Cg tutorial. Appendix B. The Cg Runtime
- Absolutely minimal CG program for good fundamentals understanding