Memsource is a cloud-based translation environment with features including Translation Memory, Terminology Management, Quality Assurance, Public APIs and more.
Memsource was founded in 2010 by David Canek, its current CEO. Memsource Cloud was then launched for the general public in the beginning of 2011. With the stable growth each year, the number of users reached 40, 000 users by the year 2015.
Memsource is provided as software as a service with editions ranging from free or charge (Personal, Developer, Academic), editions for freelance translators (1+Freelancer) to editions for Translation agencies and Enterprises.
Supported file formatsEdit
Below you will find the list of file formats supported by Memsource. You can learn more by visiting official Memsource websites.
- doc, .docx, .dot, .dotx, .docm, .dotm, .rtf, .ppt, .pptx, .pot, .potx, .pptm, .potm, .xls, .xlsx, .xlt, .xltx, .xlsm, .xltm
- htm, .html
- idml (.indd), .icml, .mif (version 8 and above only), .svg
- ttx (pre-segmented), .sdlxliff
- xml, .xhtm, .xhtml, Android .xml
- xliff (1.2),.xliff (2.0), .xliff for WordPress, tmx
- dita, .ditamap
- catkeys, .csv, (Magento).csv, .dbk, .desktop, (Mozilla).DTD, .epub, (Joomla).ini, .json, .lang, .Plist, .po, .properties, (Java).properties, .resx, .srt, .strings, .sub, .ts, .txt, .wiki, .yaml
Memsource Cloud offers 2 independent yet interconnected translation workbenches – Memsource Web Editor and Memsource Desktop Editor.
- Memsource Web Editor is a trully online workbench that is run directly from the environment of Memsource Cloud. Therefore it does not require any installation.
- Memsource Desktop Editor is a locally installed workbench that can be downloaded free of charge and runs on Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. Only the file being translated is stored locally, resources such as Translation Memory, Term Base or Machine Translation remain located in Memsource Cloud.
- Memsource Testimonials
- Memsource and SDL Comparison
- Memsource reached 1 billion words
- Memsource User Manual