Bus Operation in the United Kingdom/Glossary
- Discs - the physical paper disks, one of which is issued per vehicle authorised to be used by an operator. These must be carried on the vehicle when in use.
- Local bus services - A bus service where passengers pay separate fares, and can alight within 15 miles (24 kilometres) (as the crow flies) of their boarding point.
- Public Service Vehicle (PSV) - a motor vehicle (other than a tram), that fits within either of the following two criteria: a vehicle adapted to carry more than eight passengers, that is used for carrying passengers for hire or reward; or a vehicle not so adapted, but is used for carrying passengers for hire or reward at separate fares in the course of a business of carrying passengers.
- Transport Manager A person, or persons, within a bus operator, responsible for legal compliance. See The Roles & Responsibilities of Transport Managers.
- "Public Service Vehicle Operator Licensing: Guide for Operators". Archived from the original on 21 December 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20191221135806/https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/194259/PSV_Operator_Licensing_Guide.pdf. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- Albert v Motor Insurers Bureau. 1971 3 WLR 291
- "Run a local bus service: overview". Archived from the original on 21 December 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20191221200207/https://www.gov.uk/run-local-bus-service. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- "Public Passenger Vehicles Act 1981". 15 April 1981. pp. Chapter 14, P1. Archived from the original on 21 December 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20191221184333/http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/14/pdfs/ukpga_19810014_en.pdf. Retrieved 21 December 2019.
- "Transport manager responsibilities". 30 June 2014. Archived from the original on 21 December 2019. https://web.archive.org/web/20191221193837/https://movingon.blog.gov.uk/2014/06/30/transport-manager-responsibilities/. Retrieved 21 December 2019.