The example given by the Lord Jesus:
- Our Father, the One in heaven,
- Your name be kept holy always.
- Your kingdom come even now,
- Your will be done on earth as in heaven.
- Give us again our daily bread.
- And forgive us our trespasses,
- As we forgive those who trespass against us.
- Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
- For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Matthew 6: 9-13 (Modernity version)
Known as The Lord's Prayer,
but wholly for the disciples benefit (according to Luke).