< Bartending | Cocktails
The French 75 is a cocktail of gin and champagne flavoured with lemon,
- 1½ ozs. (40 ml) gin
- 2 tsp. caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
cherry or orange slice
flute or Collins
- In a flute or Collins glass add the gin.
- Top with a half flute of sparkling wine or champagne.
- Add sugar (it will fizz up so make sure the flute isn't full yet) then top off with more sparkling wine.
- Combine sugar, lemon juice, and gin in a shaker full of ice. Shake well, then pour into a tall glass and top with champagne. (If possible, ice the glass ahead of time.)