The 'Dark n' Stormy' is a popular rum based drink in Bermuda. It is especially appreciated on the north end of the island around St. Georges. It is the first cocktail to be registered internationally with a trade mark. It is not uncommon for bar owners to call their cocktails 'Dark and Stormy' so as to modify or alter the existing cocktail without breaching the rights of the trade mark.
|Dark and Stormy|
- 50cl Gosling's Black Seal
- Squeeze of Lime Segment
- 12.5cl Lime Juice
- Topped with a can of ginger beer
- Load with ice.
- Shake and strain.
- Top with ginger beer.
- Add 4 lumps of ginger before shaking
- Use 2 measures of dark rum and no light rum.
- Add 15ml lime juice before mixing