Autodesk Vault Programmer's Cookbook
When administrator starts working by himself with Autodesk Vault, he runs into quite unusual client-server logic. For programmers it's even more hard to understand how API really works. Autodesk, no offense.
But after a little time later all becomes much clear and easy. Remembering those days, I tried to comprehend Vault, at now I'd like to make easy way for others to start working with Vault.
I beg your pardon, but I'll be using PowerShell language mainly, for some reasons:
- This is .Net language, so code could be easy translated to any other .NET language: C#, C++ VB.NET, JScript .NET, etc., or even one code could be embedded to other.
- The code is extremely short - you can get very illustrative wonderful program in just several lines of code.
- PS is interpreted language, you just store it in text and can easy change to create fork.
- PS is command line language and you can build object conveyors - this benefits could be useful in administration.
All code available on GitHub. So, let's start! Approximate TOC you can see below. Links to articles will be continuously updated.
Table of ContentsEdit
This book applies to version 2014 and 2015 of Autodesk Vault.
- Autodesk Vault API basics
- Change orders
- Job Processor
- Custom objects
Dmitry Yemelyanov aka User:Miwa Niza