Adventist Youth Honors Answer Book/Arts and Crafts/Basketry
|Arts and Crafts
|Skill Level 2|
|Year of Introduction: 1937|
The Basketry Honor is a component of the Artisan Master Award .
- 1 1. Know the names of two countries where Rattan (cane) is grown.
- 2 2. Explain how to treat pithcane (reed) before weaving.
- 3 3. What tools would you use for
- 4 4. Define
- 5 5. Explain how to
- 6 6. Name two kinds of bases used in baskets and tell in which type of basket each one can be used.
- 7 7. Describe how to lay
- 8 8. Do the following: simple weaving, slewing, and bispoking, and stitch a raffia base.
- 9 9. Make a cane sandwich tray with a wood base.
- 10 10. Make a hot roll basket with a woven base.
- 11 11. Make a round hot pad six inches (15.2 cm) in diameter in Raffia or Indian basketry.
- 12 References
1. Know the names of two countries where Rattan (cane) is grown.Edit
Most (70%) of the world's rattan grows in Indonesia, distributed among Borneo, Celebes, Sumbawa islands. The rest of the world's supply comes from the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Malaysia and Bangladesh.