|Bread of Life
Find, read, and write Matthew 4:4. Discuss its importance with an adult. Write what you learned.
|Matthew 4:4 (NIV)
|Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
- Who do you think said it? Answer: Jesus said it. He was speaking to Satan.
- What do you think it means? Answer: Satan was tempting Jesus, trying to get Him to eat. Jesus replied by letting him know that prayer and meditating on God’s Word is just as essential to living as is food for our physical needs. Note: Read Matthew 4:1-4 to show the full meaning of the text. *
Discuss with an adult the importance of reading God’s word every day. Write down your conclusions.
It is important for us to read our Bibles everyday in
order to ensure our relationship with our Heavenly
Father stays strong. Reading His Word and praying
helps strengthen our bond and increases our chances to
share Him with others.
Find and read 2 Timothy 2:15, Psalm 119:11, and Psalm 119:105 NIV. Why do we study the Bible?
|2 Timothy 2:15 (NIV)
|Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
|Psalm 119:11 (NIV)
|I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.”
|Psalm 119:105 (NIV)
|Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.”
Talk about how to prepare yourself for reading God’s Word. Write down four Bible study habits.
- To set aside time, every morning or every evening.
- Start with a prayer before you begin your study. Ask the Holy Spirit to be with you as you read and help you understand. “Scripture can only be understood thro' the same Spirit whereby it was given." John Wesley
- Be sure to pause during your reading. Think about what you have read and how you can apply it to your life and your journey with Christ.
- d. Your reading should be closed with prayer asking God to help you remember the message and hold it in your heart.
Read one of the following Bible stories.
- Hannah prays for a son- 1 Samuel 1:1-28
- Noah’s Ark - Genesis 6:5-Genesis 8
- Baby Moses - Exodus1-2:10
- Namaan the Leper - 2 Kings 5:1-16
Make a bookmark to use while you study your Bible.
Print out this Matthew 4:4 Bread Bookmark and wrap it in cellophane bag and tie a ribbon at the end. The illusion will be of a loaf of bread.
Regularly spend time reading your Bible.