Adventist Adventurer Awards/Bible I
Own a Bible.Edit
You can get a small Beautiful Bible at "Dollar Tree" store. Along the way children will meet all types of people, see all sorts of places, and learn all kinds of things about the Bible. Most importantly they will grow closer in their relationship with God.
Explain how to show respect for the Bible and how to care for it.Edit
a. Respecting your Bible
b. Taking Care of your Bible
- First and foremost, have a Bible cover to protect your Bible when you are not using it. Keeping it in a cover will protect it from weather, accidental mishaps around the house, and if it should fall to the ground.
- Use a proper Bible marker to highlight verses in your Bible. These markers are made not to bleed through papers, especially since some Bible pages are very thin. Using a regular marker or a permanent marker will damage other pages.
- Use a chunky bookmark to mark off where you stopped reading. Folding down page corners can cause these pages to rip easily. Some Bible come with bookmark ribbons built in.
- Avoid studying your Bible while eating food or drinking. Greasy foods, especially, and beverages can leave nasty stains that will never come out. This can cause words to become blurry and hard to read later on.
- Keep your Bible in a safe place
- Keep your Bible out of direct sunlight, especially with the pages open. The sun rays can eventually fade the words, making it difficult to read.
- Avoid bending the cover backwards to easily access just one page. This action will eventually cause the binding to become loose, thus allowing pages to fall out.
- Don't stuff bulletins and other materials between Bible pages. This, too, will cause the binding to become loose. Instead, put these materials in the pockets of your Bible cover.
Name the first and last books of the Bible and tell who wrote them.Edit
The first book in the Bible is Genesis. The Lord Jesus Himself and the Gospel writers said that the Law was given by Moses (Mark 10:3; Luke 24:27; John 1:17), and the uniform tradition of the Jewish scribes and early Christian fathers, and the conclusion of conservative scholars to the present day, is that Genesis was written by Moses.
The last book es Revelation. According to the Bible, at Revelation 1:1, we read--"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John
Tell or act out the following storiesEdit
a. Creation Skit - God Made the World.pdf
b. Sin and Sadness Begin Skit - Creation - The First Sin.pdf
c. Jesus cares for me today
d. Jesus comes again
e. Heaven Skit - Tickets.pdf
Locate, read and discuss three of the following Bible verses about Jesus’ love for you. Memorize and repeat two of them.Edit
|John 3:16 (NIV)|
|For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life|
|Psalm 91:11 (NIV)|
|For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.|
|John 14:3 (NIV)|
|And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.|
|Psalms 23:1 (NIV)|
|The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.|
|Your choice (NIV)|
Make masks to illustrate a Bible story or parable. OR Create a Bible story in a sandbox or with felts.Edit
I also did a craft for this award .Edit
Miniature Soap Bible Craft
You will need:
- Regular size bar of Soap
- Square of black felt or foam
- 12 inches of 1 1/2 inch red craft ribbon
- Black and gold sequins
- 1/4 inch sequin pins
Wrap ribbon around edges of soap, beginning midway on a long side. Tuck in corners and pin in place. Add a few more pins around the edges to anchor the ribbon. Repeat this process on both sides of the soap. Cut Bible Cover form black felt or foam 3 1/4 inches by 5 1/4 inches. Fold over the bar of the soap with the middle of the piece covering the side where the ends of the ribbon meet.
Put a pin with a black sequin at each corner of the cover on the front and the back to hold the cover in place. Pin sequins on the front cover and on the spine of the Bible in the shape of a cross as shown in the pictures.
This craft is excellent for children of all ages. It is easy, and quick to hold the younger ones attention.
New International Version Bible Gateway
Bible Soap Craft Thrifty Fun. By Harlean from Hot Springs, Arkansas
Scripts for Puppets Puppet Resources