How to create diagramsEdit
Diagrams are invaluable for conveying precise chemical information without encroaching on the word count. For two-dimensional diagrams such as skeletal formulae or flow charts, a molecule editor is your best bet.
For images of three-dimensional molecules, use molecular graphics software, such as Accelrys DS Visualizer, a free downloadable application for Windows. A tutorial on how to use DS Visualizer is available here.
Article 1: From Accident to Design: the progress of poly(ethene)Edit
- Discovery of poly(ethene)
- Development of industrial production of poly(ethene)
- Discovery of Ziegler-Natta catalysts
Article 2: Shaping up: the story of poly(propene)Edit
- Stereochemistry in poly(propene)
- Development of Ziegler-Natta catalysts
- Discovery and development of metallocene catalysts
An exemplar response to the 2001 open paper exam is available here.