English for B2 Students/Answers
Answers to exercises and tests
Unit 1 Answers
- of, of
Unit 2 Answers
- is smoking
- am studying
- have - use present simple to describe possession
- am meeting - use present continuous to describe future arrangements
- am having - have here describes an action so we use present continuous
Unit 3 Answers
- Have you ever eaten - we use present perfect because we mean at any time in your life
- went - we use pass simple because we know when it happened: last year
- have never seen
- hasn't eaten - don't forget the third person s with he and she
- went - we use pass simple because the question tells us when: last summer
Unit 4 Answers
- If I were very rich, I would stay in 5 star hotels.
- If I go out on Saturday, I will drink red wine.
- If I hadn't woken up this morning, I wouldn't have learned about conditionals.
- If I could choose any wife, I would choose Shakira.
- I will buy a new DVD if I get paid this week.
Unit 5 Answers
- I'm going - we use going to because it is a plan
- arrives - we can use present simple when talking about timetabled events
- will win - we usually use will to talk about predictions
- will you - for questions about unplanned events use will
- am going to visit
Unit 6 Answers
- used to
- used to or no longer
- no longer
Unit 7 Answers
Unit 8 Answers
- The burglars had escaped when the police arrived.
- When she arrived the party had finished.
- When they got to the hospital she had given birth.
- Before we came to London we had lived in 10 different cities.
- He had been on a plane so he was tired.
Unit 9 Answers
- to live
- to buy
- to close
Unit 10 Answers
- I'm very sorry but you mustn't smoke here.
- Sir, you have to leave your passport at the reception.
- My doctor says that I shouldn't smoke.
- The bus was cancelled so we had to take the taxi.
- I don't have to go to work on Saturday because the office is closed.
Unit 11 Answers
- beautiful new striped
- long curly black
Unit 12 Answers
Test 1 Answers
- have travelled
- am resting
- [am] eating
- will leave
- will have
- play truant
Last modified on 18 May 2012, at 14:54↑Jump back a section