|Lime and Mascarpone Cheesecake|
Lime and Mascarpone Cheesecake - A very creamy and delightfully simple dessert. Can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the fridge. No cooking required.
- 500 g mascarpone cheese (or plain cream cheese)
- 4 limes (preferably unwaxed)
- 200 g ginger nut biscuits, crushed or ground in a food processor
- 50 g butter
- a little icing sugar
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the biscuit crumbs. Press firmly into a 20cm diameter loose-bottomed dish and put aside.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl and beat until firm.
- Add the juice of three limes and the grated or zested rind of all four into the cheese.
- Stir, adding a little icing sugar if the mixture seems too sloppy.
- Spread the cheese mixture over the biscuit base and chill for an hour or so before serving.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- Feel free to serve with grated chocolate.