Cookbook:Crispy Gingerbread Cookies
|Crispy Gingerbread Cookies|
|Servings||5 1/2 dozen 4 1/2 inch cookies|
|Time||prep: 15 minutes
baking: 15 minutes
This recipe makes crispy gingerbread cookies that are used for gingerbread men. To keep the cookies crisp, store them in an air-tight container.
Last modified on 21 January 2013, at 15:55↑Jump back a section
- Put sugar, molasses, spices and salt into large saucepan.
- Bring to boil and remove from heat.
- Add the baking soda and butter and stir until butter melts.
- Quickly stir in egg, and then add flour. Mix well.
- Chill for several hours until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C)
- Roll out until thin on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook for about 15 minutes at 325°F (170°C) and cool on racks.
- Cookies can be decorated with royal icing.