Windows 8/Printable version
| This is the print version of Windows 8
You won't see this message or any elements not part of the book's content when you print or preview this page.
The Modern UI
The Windows 8 start screen uses Microsoft's fairly new Modern UI, previously known as Metro UI. Designed for touch the Modern UI is made of small or large tiles, which take you into the app that the tile corresponds to.
The Modern UI focuses mostly on minimalism and organizes everything into neat bars, tiles, etc.
How to turn off
Using the Charm Toolbar edit
Step1. Move the mouse pointer to the right of the screen (touch screen: the right edge of the screen with a finger swipe), Then the Charm Toolbar will appear.
- Choose the "Settings" function
- Choose the "Power" function
- Choose Sleep/Shut down/Restart in the Chosen Menu.
- On the Start screen, tap or click the Desktop tile
- Enter the two keys Alt and F4
- Then choose the Shut down/Restart/Sleep
- Tap or click OK to turn off the computer
- Simply press the power button and the computer should turn off.