Teaching Elementary School Health Education/Mental and Emotional Health/Developing Good Character and Improving Self-Esteem
To possess good character, one's action must reflect responsible values. Here are some guidelines to teach your students to show self respect.
- Pay attention to your appearance.
- Make a list of responsible actions and review the list often.
- Be a friend to yourself by enjoying activities, such as hobbies, by yourself.
- Write your feelings in a journal.
- Make spending time with family members a priority.
- Care for other people in the way you would like to be cared for.
- Let other people know what helps you feel special.
- Support the interests of family members and friends, and ask them to support your interests.
Click on the following link for a lesson plan where students help build self esteem of their peers. Chain of Compliments