Strategy guide for Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain/Demon Snake
There is a hidden mechanic in-game every kill results in earning Demon Point unlike Heroism. Enough use of lethal force will make Big Boss will turn into having a visually bloody skin.
Demon points are earned through the following methods:
- Failed Fulton recovery extraction +20
- Killing animals 20+
- Destroying support chopper +150
- Killing Diamond Dogs staff members +180
- Letting Buddies die +180
- Killing prisoners with fire +200
- Developing a nuclear weapon +50,000
Demon points can be removed through the following methods:
- -10,000 - Getting the Conservation trophy.
- -30,000 - Dispose of ten nuclear weapons.
- Extracting animals, child soldiers, VIPs, prisoners and staff
In the mission "Episode : Shining Light" the game requires the players to kill 29 staff members for 5,220 demon points.
When Snake becomes Demon Snake an online Dispatch mission will appear which is called "REFUGEE RESCUE" which needs S+ staff members, takes 7 days to be completed, with no GMP rewards, it resets demon points, and so Snake turns back into normal.