TO RAISE AWARENESS OF BREAST CANCER, THEY HAVE DONE FAIRLY WELL AS EVIDENT FROM THE FOLLOWING
Showcase of research
- Dr Dr Marjorie Dalgarno who recognised the diagnostic benefits of X-ray in the early detection of breast cancer and performed the first mammogram in Australia in issue 2.
- Website links to other researches that would benefit from the funds
- Usage of funds explained
Research volunteer signup
- An online registration Register for participants to sign up for breast cancer research
TO RAISE AWARENESS OF THE EVENT, THEY HAVE DONE EXTREMELY WELL. THE FOLLOWING WILL EXPLAIN
Programs to encourage participants
- Largest team competition held toencourage organizations participation.
- Marketed as a good event for families to attend
- A total of 9 issues of newsletter published in 2011 to keep participants updated on the lastest information regarding the event 
Used of prominent public figures
- Nine News weather presenter Livinia Nixon as the 2011 Mother’s Day Classic National Ambassador
- Gold Coast Ambassadors 1) Gold Coast Mayor Ron Clarke and Mayoresss Helen Clarke 2)former Australian Hockey Captain and 3) local sporting icon Daphne Pirie.
- Guest of honour – Surfers Paradise Councilor Susie Douglas
Various platforms to raise awareness
- First ever registration relay was formed for volunteers and participants where they can share their registration on facebook, Linkedin, MySpace and email.
- Facebook, twitter and YouTube websites were created. The public can be a ‘fan’ for latest updates and communicate with other fans.
- Featured on Nine News
- Featured on radio.
- Website with all necessary information set up
IN ORGANISING VOLUNTEERS, THEY HAVE BEEN QUITE EFFECTIVE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS
- Registrations began on 2/7/2011. Registration was online
- Volunteers roles stated on website
- Differentiated from participants by wearing Green. Part of the Green volunteer brigade.
- Total of 1600 volunteers through out the country
THERE WAS SYSTEMATIC RUNNING OF THE EVENT
- Registration started on 7/2/2011 and closed on 4/5/2011. Registration was online
- Last min registration was still available on 7/5/11, 2pm-5pm at Hollindale Park or 8/5/12 from 6am.
- Early bird registration closed on 15/4/2011
- Reminder for closure of early bird registration in 4th issue of Enewsletter.
- Training programs set up by Alisha Smith to help participants prepare for the event. Different categories of training programs were designed for different groups. Illustrated exercises available for download.
- Event start time and course map available in the 7th issue of enewsletter
- Safety – Health recommendations and safety tips
- Getting there- Road cosure announced in issue 7 newsletter
- FAQ webpage to answer all FAQs
TO INCREASE AWARENESS OF SPONSORS, THEY HAVE DONE WELL
- Different categories of sponsors to differentiate the level of sponsorship. Gold, National media partner, National sliver sponsor, Supporters & suppliers, state sponsors.
- Sponsors acknowledged at every newsletter.
- Webpage dedicated solely for sponsors linked to main website
- 2011 Australian Event Awards for Best Charity or Cause-Related Event
- A record number of 120,000 participants