RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home/RAC Attack 12c/VNC Server Setup< RAC Attack - Oracle Cluster Database at Home | RAC Attack 12c
Prev: Install Linux
Create Cluster (e)
- Create Virtualbox Shared Storage
- Configure Storage Persistent Naming
- Clone VirtualBox VM
- Create Second VirtualBox VM
- Configure Second Linux VM
- Complete DNS Setup
- VNC Server Setup
- Configure VNC Server with the oracle account (passwords won't be displayed):
[root@collabn1 ~]# su - oracle [oracle@collabn1 ~]$ vncserver :1 You will require a password to access your desktops. Password: racattack Verify: racattack xauth: creating new authority file /home/oracle/.Xauthority New 'collabn1.racattack:1 (oracle)' desktop is collabn1.racattack:1 Creating default startup script /home/oracle/.vnc/xstartup Starting applications specified in /home/oracle/.vnc/xstartup Log file is /home/oracle/.vnc/collabn1.racattack:1.log
- Open a vncviewer on your laptop and fill the ip address of collabn1 followed by :1.
On OS X and Linux you can use X11 forwarding instead of VNC. To do that, use the -X flag with your ssh command as in ssh -X -l oracle 192.168.78.51. If you are using Mountain Lion or later, you may have to install XQuartz first as described at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5293 On OS X vi /etc/sshd_config change X11Forwarding yes
- Enter the password racattack when prompted:
- The graphical interface is ready for the Grid Infrastructure Installation.