Learning with Leap
Learning with Leap was the original pack-in cartridge game for the Leapster Multimedia Learning System and also built into some systems (omitting some features).
The player can earn seeds as they play.
- Rabbit River - The player must guide rabbits across the river, while answering the questions and collecting carrots along the way.
- Chicken Coop - Matching game, player matches either letters, numbers, shapes, colors or sounds with chickens.
- Shape Shop - Assemble the shapes together to make objects.
- Color Corral - Draw, color, and decorate to create your own fantasy farm.
- Catcher Field - Leap and Tad harvest the crops, Leap drives the tractor, and Tad is the catcher. The player controls Tad the collect the crops with the matching letters.
- Musical Meadow/Birdie Bonanza - Using the seeds collected, the birds preform their music and you can touch Opera Rooster to change different instruments.
- Catcher Field is absent in built-in versions, an ABC version of Rabbit River is added, and Musical Meadow now offers web codes that at one point could be entered at leapsterworld.com (first code is 100 seeds). Musical Meadow is also renamed Birdie Bonanza, where players can watch a birdie show if they get 25 seeds.
- For 2005 Leapster models and L-Max, Rabbit River and Color Corral are built-in, and the rest is replaced with "Educational Game Tour" with previews of other Leapster games available at the time. In other versions of the L-Max, Rabbit River is replaced with a Scooby Doo game.
- Rabbit River, Chicken Coop and Shape Shop were made available to download for Leapster 2 as individual games.
- In the introduction clip, Leap says "Hi!" in the UK version and "Hello!" in the Australia, New Zealand, and Tanzania versions instead of the usual USA "Howdy!" .
- In the built-in version of color carol it has different backgrounds and different stamps such as a house with a full moon a underwater background and a moon background witch they replace the kitchen the windmill and the scarecrow backgrounds
- In the built in version of rabbit rabbit river Leap doesn't tell the rabbits come and get it