International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Burundi< International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog
In 1962 the Belgium-controlled territory of Ruanda-Urundi was granted independence and split into the two new nations of Rwanda and Burundi. The stamps of Burundi all include “BURUNDI” in the frank. For issues before 1962, see “RUANDA-URUNDI”.
GROUP A: Franks used by private commercial companiesEdit
- Upright frank with “REPUBLIQUE du BURUNDI” in arc at top.
- Lions rampant flank a boxed meter number at bottom.
- Meters H-13 and F-29 seen.
- TM: SC
- V/F: .000
- Similar to Type A1 but the meter number is not boxed.
- Meters H-07, H016 and H020 seen
- TM: SC, DC
- V/F: 0000
- Square frank with panels at top, bottom and sides. “BURUNDI” in top panel.
- “FR” (left) and "C" (right) below value figures.
- Meter number with “U” prefix in boxes in lower corners.
- One example reported with indistinct meter number.
- TM: DC
- Square frank with thick simulated-perforation outer border.
- "REPUBLIQUE" in wavy ribbon at top, "DU BURUNDI" between horizontal lines above framed meter number "B1" at bottom.
- TM: DC
- V/F: ✳00oo
GROUP PO: Franks generated by meters in Post OfficesEdit
- Small frank with single line simulated-perforation border open at the sides.
- “REPUBLIQUE/ DU BURUNDI” at top, “POSTES” above meter number at bottom.
- Three examples seen, meter numbers NE 0001, 0002 and 0003.
- TM: SC with "GUICHETS" (PO counter) at bottom
PO2. Satas (MV), 2008 or earlier.
- Frank similar in size to Type PO1 but with inner straight-line border.
- "BURUNDI” alone at top
- "REGIE NATIONALE / des POSTES" at bottom.
- Without meter number.
- TM: SC with "Guichets" (PO counter) at top
- V/F: 000