International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/Aland< International Postage Meter Stamp Catalog
* Meter stamps inscribed ALAND first came into use in 1984. Starting in 1952 meters of Finland were used in Aland. For issues before 1984, see FINLAND. The Finnish stamps used in Aland prior to 1984 are detailed in the stamp catalog ÅLAND-Spezial 2001/2002 (in German) by Robert Fillips. An extract is available on the web.
- The stamps are grouped according to appearance and function:
- A - Frank with three post horns across top
- B - Frank with Aland postal service logo in multiple corners
- PO - Special post office machine stamps
A1. Francotyp “Cc” (MV), 1984.
A3. Pitney Bowes “6300” (MV).
A4. Hasler “Mailmaster” (MV).
GROUP B: Frank with postal service logo in upper corners or all four cornersEdit
GROUP PO: Post Office counter service machine stampEdit
- Simple design with panels (open at the ends) at top and bottom and vertical bar centered between them.
- ALAND in top panel, post office identification in bottom panel, date and weight at center right.
- Printed in black or red on self adhesive labels with rounded corners.
- V/F: (000)0.00 mk