Hebrew Roots/The Law< Hebrew Roots
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil." Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Every Christian, will agree that society must have moral standards if we are to avoid anarchy. But who defines moral standards? Certainly we humans cannot. The answer is: God alone has the authority to define moral standards; because He created us. In other words, Yahweh's law, as recorded in the Bible, identifies the moral standards He wants humanity to live by. If His law didn't exist no one would know right from wrong. The Bible says:
" The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. " Psalm 19: 7-8
"The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness." Psalm 111:7-8
- Yahweh's laws are necessary.
- They identify sin. They convert the soul!
- They act like signposts or schoolmasters pointing the way to the Saviour Jesus Christ (Yeshua the Messiah).
- Without God's law no one would know right from wrong.
- Yahweh's laws are eternal.
- The high level principles they embody will be obeyed throughout eternity.