German pastries for the advent season.
- 4 egg whites
- 300g powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 350g ground almonds or hazelnuts
- a little grated lemon peel
- Beat the egg whites until creamy.
- Sift powdered sugar.
- Mix egg whites with powdered sugar.
- Set aside almost a third of the resulting mass for casting.
- Stir in the remaining mass of cinnamon and almonds, or hazelnuts and lemon zest, and knead into a dough.
- Roll out the dough, cut out star shapes and place on the greased baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining stiff egg white with rum until a glaze mass forms.
- Brush the cinnamon stars with glaze.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 ° C for about 20 minutes.