Cookbook:Vegetable Coconut Rice
Vegetable coconut rice is a dish of rice and vegetables cooked in coconut milk. It's a continental dish but is also consumed in Nigeria.
- Cooking gas
- Slicing pan/tray
- Heat a thin layer of cooking oil in a pot. Add garlic, onion, and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes until golden.
- Stir in the rice, pepper, maggi, and salt. Allow to fry for a few minutes, making sure the rice mixes with the other ingredients.
- Stir in the coconut milk and a little water. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix in the vegetables, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, and allow the dish to rest for 5 minutes.
- Stir the rice well, and serve with your choice of meat or fish.