Toasted Ravioli is a misnomer as this dish is fried.
- Combine milk and egg in a small bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs and if desired, salt in a shallow bowl.
- Dip ravioli in milk mixture, and coat with breadcrumbs.
- In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce over medium heat until bubbling, about 5 to 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to simmer.
- In a large heavy pan, pour oil to depth of 2 inches.
- Heat oil over medium heat to 375 degrees F.
- Fry ravioli, a few at a time, 1 minute on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately with hot marinara sauce.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You can use cheese or meat raviolis, however the traditional toasted ravioli is made out of a square meat ravioli.