Cookbook:Nigerian Corned Beef Stew
(Redirected from Cookbook:The Nigerian corned beef stew)
Nigerian corned beef stew is delicious, especially when consumed with white rice or pasta.
- Heat a small amount of vegetable oil in a pot. Add the sliced onions, and cook until softened.
- Add the corned meat, and fry until pale in color, stirring to break up lumps.
- Add the ponmo if using. Add enough water to just cover the meat and onions. Simmer until the meat is cooked through.
- Stir in thyme, seasoning cubes, pepper, curry powder, ground crayfish, and tomato stew. Season with salt to taste.
- Stir well, cover, and leave to simmer for a few minutes until thickened and done.
Notes, tips, and variationsEdit
- You can also include cooked meat, fish, or egg as desired.